Severe service needle valve
The HFN Series valve is a severe service integral-bonnet needle valve that features a one-piece forged body and graphoil packing, all designed to handle the extreme conditions of high pressure and high temperature services such as those in super-heated steam power plant services.
With a multitude of configurations available, you will find a model to meet your varying needs. The HFN Series is produced in 6mm and 10mm orifice sizes (standard) and can be provided with various end connections. To withstand the extreme temperatures this valve is designed for, the HFN Series can be specified in 316H, 316, 316L, F91 or F92 materials.
- Construction: One-piece forged body design. The integral bonnet eliminates a potential leak path with a clean design. Packing able to be adjusted in the open position.
- Packing Materials: Grafoil packing standard to handle temperatures up to 1200°F (648°C)
- Ratings: 10,000 psig @ 100°F (689, bar @ 38°C)
- Backseated Bonnets with Packing Below the Stem Threads: To eliminate potential media contamination by the thread lubricant, the packing is located below the stem threads. Backseating minimizes potential leaking through the packing with a metal-to-metal backseat that also prevents stem blow-out during operation
- Panel mount optional
- Two Stem Design: non-rotating tip stem provides for repeatable, leak-tight shut off. Because the tip stops rotating when it contacts the seat, further torque turns the stem, but not the tip, protecting the stem tip from damage